Austin, the state capital of Texas is a magnificent city well-favored by many travelers and tourists. Besides its interesting culture and vibrant lifestyle, the city is also popularly known for providing many outdoor activities like hiking, biking, boating, and swimming. Also, there is a list of important facts Austin is known for!
With our experts at your service, you can now travel far and wide on cheaper flights to any given destination. All you got to do is make your initial reservations with Allegiant Airlines Reservations at the earliest.
Make the most of Allegiant Airlines Deals that are flooded with numerous bargained deals on flight fares, seasonal offers, last-minute cancellation, and plenty of others.
With Allegiant Airlines Flights so close, kick-out dull flight journey! Hop aboard and come face-to-face with flying perks and inflight provisions never heard of before.
Following is a list of Austin’s interesting facts:
- Austin had people living in the area since 9200 BC.
- It is also called the “Violet Crown City” referring to the purple-like light that covers the hills in winter evenings.
- Initially, Austin was named Waterloo.
- The city is renowned as the “Live Music Capital of the World” with about 200 live music venues and around 2000 bands and performing artists.
- The United States Grand Prix is America’s only Formula 1 race located in Austin.
- The city hosts about 10 million visitors annually.
- It is known famously for its many food trucks, with about 2000 of them throughout the city.
- It ranks one among the most dog-friendly cities.
- The city is considered the sunniest city in the whole of America.
- The phrase “Keep Austin Weird” is its unofficial slogan.
- Austin is home to an estimated 1.5 million bats.
- According to World Report and U.S. News in 2017, Austin is the best place to live in.
- It is also considered the safest city in the nation.
- The city is known for having no state, local, or personal income taxes.
Now that you’ve known so much about the city, take a step forward and plan a well-deserving trip to a safe and happy city called Austin!